I have always liked the art books where the art of a lot of different illustrators are shown.
Now that I’ve managed to get published in a pair of them -literally 2-.I have to to say feels fine and I’m going to tell you how I did it.
You don’t need to be the top-notch artist, just gonna take more work.
What I’ve done is not-to-stop creating, and I want to recommend you a couple of things:
- Don’t give up, even if one sees that the level of the artists are very high, you can do your things too.
- Be Original: Propose something with your own vision and style, something interesting at least.
- Work professionally: Reviews all technical aspects such as resolution and CMYK colors. Backup your files with layers, online or/and external disk. Respect deadlines, software to use, main topic, etc. (Read the Rules).
- Saves the entire creative process, with backups of files, photos, screenshots , rough sketches, drawings, references, etc. (It will be your back up in case you are asked to demonstrate that you are the creator of the art).
- Participate in contests where the prize is get published.* Warning: It’s never wise to recommend someone to make art for free, so you have to decide for yourself…I did it because I wanted to be in a couple of books, no more than those.
- Timeless Art : (Continuous, Eternal, perpetual). Try that your works are not temporary, nor moved by trends of the moment, even if the subject-theme, are something trendy.
- Get fun, you will learn to work professionally with this type of works , but don’t forget to have a good time and make sure that it is shown in your art.
9 – Now, I want to appear in the 2D Artist Magazine, but of course, charging, as it should. That’s my challenge…so, what’s yours?